serves 2 people, 30min prep time
10 oz Bigoli fresh garganelli pasta
1 green garlic
1 red spring onion
2 stems of asparagus
2-3 stems of tarragon
Approx 1 tbs (sea) salt for cooking pasta
2-3 tbs olive oil for cooking
43 Ranch Helen’s Blend olive oil to taste
Big Sur Salts Gavilan blend to taste
- Thinly slice green garlic and red spring onion, from just above root to 1” from end. Set aside. You can keep root and ends for veggie broth (#ZeroWaste).
- Break asparagus at bottoms. Then slice at an angle (diagonally) – anywhere from 1/4 to 1/3 inch slices. Set aside.
- Fill medium-sized pot with water. Put couple heavy dashes of salt and a heavy dollop of olive oil into pot. Bring to a boil.
- Rip tarragon leaves from stems. If you have time before the water boils, roughly chop in half or in thirds.
- Once water is boiling, put pasta in and cover. Cook 2-3 minutes, until at desired firmness.
- Drain pasta in colander. Return pot to stove, at a medium heat, and coat thin layer of olive oil of bottom of pan.
- Put green garlic and spring onion in pot, and toss around to coat with oil. Stir several times a minute for a couple minutes.
- Once garlic and onions begin to soften a bit, toss is the asparagus. Stir gently a few times over one minute.
- Add garganelli. Turn off stove. Stir to combine.
- Top with tarragon and 43 Ranch Helen’s Blend olive oil. Salt to taste.
This would be great topped with thinly grated pecorino. And if you’re feeling adventurous – top with arugula!