Serves 2, prep time 90min
1 spaghetti squash
2 tsp + 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil, divided
fresh ground black pepper
⅔ cup (2 ounces) grated Parmesan cheese
1 ½ cups marinara sauce
4 ounces (1 cup) grated mozzarella cheese
pizza toppings of your choice!
fresh basil, for garnish, optional
dried savory, optional
red pepper flakes, optional
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper for easy clean-up
2. Cut off the ends of each spaghetti squash (at the long ends). Stand the squash upright on a stable surface to cut in half long ways
3. Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds (and set them aside to roast later on for a delicious snack). Drizzle the insides of each squash half with 1 teaspoon olive oil and rub it all over the inside. Sprinkle salt and pepper lightly over the interiors of the squash, then place them cut-side down on the prepared baking sheet.
4. Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, until the cut sides are turning golden and the interiors are easily pierced through with a fork. Leave the oven on for later.
5. Fluff the interior of the spaghetti squash with a fork (this is when it will start to look like spaghetti!). Stir parmesan into the spaghetti squash. Season to taste with salt. Spread marinara sauce generously over each (feel free to eyeball this). Top with mozzarella and pizza toppings of your choice.
6. Return the squash pizza to the oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until the cheese is spotty brown. Sprinkle with fresh basil, dried savory and red pepper flakes, if desired, and enjoy!!