Serves 2, prep time 10min
3 handfuls of herbed, mixed greens
½ c organic almonds, crushed
¼ c crumbled goat cheese
Sea salt & fresh ground black pepper, to taste
¼ c extra virgin olive oil (43 Ranch Helen’s blend would be great in this!)
juice from ½ meyer lemon (these ones were pretty big, so maybe only ¼)
½ champagne or white wine vinegar
2 cloves Refarmery’s chesnok red garlic minced
1 tsp honey (Bruthas Honey is just perfect for this!!)
¼ tsp lavender buds, ground
1. Whisk dressing ingredients together. Set aside.
2. Gently toss the mixed greens, blackberries, almonds & dressing.
3. Sprinkle goat cheese crumbles on top.
4. Season with sea salt & fresh ground pepper.
A few notes:
– a simple way to crush almonds is by placing them under wax paper or in a ziplock bag, then hitting them gently with a mallet, wine bottle or canned food.
– grind the lavender buds with a mortar and pestle or coffee grinder. Alternatively, you can put it in a small bowl and smush it with the back of a fork.
– an easy way to crumble goat cheese from a log is by putting whatever amount you’ll use in the freezer for about 5min. Remove and crumble away! Side note to that – has anyone tried Vermont Creamery goat cheese?! It’s absolute heaven!!!