Serves 2, prep time 20min
1 crookneck squash, sliced in quarters lengthwise
1 zucchini, sliced in half lengthwise
1 patty pan squash, sliced in quarters (regular size Bounty Box only)
2-3 watermelon radishes, cut into approx 1″ pieces (plus size Bounty Box only)
1 red torpedo onion, sliced in quarters lengthwise
2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
2-3 stems of fresh basil (optional but amazing)
Sea salt & fresh ground black pepper to taste
1. Once all veggies are prepped, brush very lightly with olive oil.
2. Generally you want to grill veggies towards the outside of the grill (where flame isn’t so hot). Place squash farthest from the flame, with the onion and radish much closer. Note the squash will cook pretty quickly.
3. Grill to your liking – which depending on grill temp (and whatever else you’re cooking) will likely be less than ten minutes.
4. Remove from flame and drizzle with remaining olive oil. If you have fresh basil, rip a few stems’ worth of leaves and sprinkle on top.
5. Season with sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
Note: you can also cut your squash (zucc, crookneck, patty pan) into ⅛” slices, and they’ll cook much faster. However, with this method you run the risk of overcooking them which will give you less firm veggies. I like them cut a little bigger, cooked just a bit to where they’re still crunchy 🙂