Serves 4, prep time 30min
1 candy yellow onion, sliced
½ shallot, finely chopped
2 nantes carrots, julienned or grated
1 large zucchini, halved lengthwise then sliced
½ head of Refarmery’s beautiful napa cabbage
2 tbs extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
Optional additions & easy ways to increase servings. Choose any or all, but remember to adjust other ingredients accordingly
2 collard leaves
3 kale leaves
1½ - 2 c cooked and chopped protein of choice
cooked organic Calrose brown rice
¼c braggs amino acids (my fav!), soy sauce or tamari
1tbs rice vinegar (white wine or champagne will also work here)
1tbs Bruthas Honey (maple syrup is a good alternative)
3 cloves Refarmery’s fresh garlic, minced or put in garlic press
1tbs Allspicery ground ginger
½ tsp red pepper flakes or ground pink pepper, to taste
2tsp organic cornstarch (optional)
1. Whisk all sauce ingredients and set aside.
2. Add the oil to a large skillet set over medium heat. Once it’s hot, add onion and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes. Stirring every so often.
3. Add in the shallots and carrots and cook for about 5min.
4. Stir in napa cabbage (and any other leafy greens) and zucchini, cook 4-6min, until tender to your liking.
5. If you’re including a protein, now is the time to add that in. Then stir sauce for ten seconds and add that into the skillet. Cook for about 1min, stirring frequently, until the sauce has thickened.
6. Remove from the heat, serve over rice or a bed of spinach.
Try topping with peanuts, walnuts or raw green onions! 🙂