serves 2, prep time 20min
3 tbs (grassfed) butter
3-5 garlic cloves, smashed
2 oz blue oyster mushrooms, destemmed and sliced into ½” strips
1 tbs or more (sea) salt for cooking spaghetti
1 tbs olive oil for cooking spaghetti
5 oz fresh Bigoli Chitarra spaghetti
½ sprig rosemary, destemmed and finely chopped
2-5 sprigs thyme (depending on your taste, I love thyme!), destemmed and finely chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Put butter in small sauce pan at very low heat. After about a minute, add garlic.
2. Once butter is melted, add oyster mushroom strips. Shuffling around every minute or so.
3. Put 5 quarts of water, salt and olive oil in a pot, bring to a boil.
4. Add spaghetti to boiling water. The spaghetti only needs to cook for a couple minutes because it’s fresh!
5. Oyster mushrooms should be tender at this point. Ensure heat is still low and stir in rosemary and thyme.
6. Strain pasta and place in serving bowls. Top with oyster mushrooms and all the butter and herbs. Salt and pepper to taste.
A little pecorino romano or parmesano to top it off would be divine!