Serves 2, prep time 20min
2 yellow crookneck squash, sliced diagonally
1 large or 2 medium zucchini, sliced diagonally
½ candy yellow onion, plus its full stem, finely sliced
1-2 cloves fresh garlic, smashed
1-2 stems of any light, fresh herb ripped or roughly chopped, such as basil, parsley, marjoram or oregano
2tbs butter (grassfed if you can!) or olive oil
Sea salt & fresh ground pepper
1. Melt butter in a skillet and heat over low heat.
2. Add smashed garlic cloves and wait a few minutes for it to become aromatic.
3. Add squash, zucchini and onions to skillet and increase heat to medium-low.
4. After about 5min, stir in herbs. (Add in dried herbs a little earlier.)
5. Cook another minute or two, season with sea salt (Big Sur Salt Old Coast would be great on this!) and fresh ground pepper.
For an extra little yum, top with chopped walnuts, pine nuts, pecans, or parmesan! 🙂