serves 2, prep time 10min
1 heaping tb coconut oil
2 tbs organic yellow popcorn kernels
- Put coconut oil in pot and heat on high.
- Once oil is melted, drop five kernels in pot and cover with lid.
- Once all five kernels have popped, remove pot from heat.
- Put remaining kernels in pot and stir kernels in oil for 30 seconds.
- Cover with lid and return to the stove.
- Once a few seconds pass between pops, remove from heat.
- Pour popcorn into a bowl and lather to your liking! Some of my favorites are Big Sur Salt Blends (any of em really), grassfed butter, hot sauce, extra virgin olive oil or salt & pepper.
Notes on storing: if you plan to store popped popcorn, seal in airtight container immediately after popping. This way it’ll stay super fresh!
Photo Cred: Pylz Works